The Slack integration lets you
💌 Share Slite documents directly into a Slack public or private channels
🔍 Search for Slite docs and share them directly from Slack
🔔 Send notifications in a Slack channel for each new doc created in a Slite channel
How to set it up?
- You must be an admin to activate the integration
- Click on your team's avatar at the top right corner of the app
- Select "integrations" in the dropdown menu
- Click on "Add integrations" and select "Install" Slack
💌 Sharing a Slite doc to Slack
Now that the integration's activated, every member can share any Slite dic in any public Slack channel:
- Click on the share icon on the right of your doc. Then click on the Slack icon "Share to Slack".
- Pick any public channel and there you go, you can post to it.
- Once shared, the entire channel will have access to the Slite doc along with an in-app link to it.
Result in Slack:
You can either read it from the Slack channel by expanding the preview. Or you can click on the link to read it in Slite.
How to share to Slack private channels or DMs 🔏?
- Add the @slitebot to the Slack private channel or direct message
- Click on the share icon on the right of your doc. Then click on the Slack icon.
- Choose the private channel you've added @slitebot to
- Once shared, the entire channel will have access to the Slite doc along with an in-app link to it—it'll show up in your Slack channel called "slitebot" not your one-on-one message thread
🔍 Searching and sharing a Slite doc from Slack
- Type "/slite search [add your search terms]" in the chat input.
- The command will display 5 results where you can share the document in the channel as a slack post or click on the title of the doc to see it in Slite.
📣 Receive Slite activity highlights in Slack channels
- Head to your Slite channel settings to activate the integration
- You'll now receive notifications in that Slack channel when your team members creates new doc or edits a doc in that Slite channel
Please note, you can only receive notifications in public Slack channels.
Result in Slack: