Smart tables let you organize documents with tags, owners, dates and more. This single view makes it easier for your team to edit, sort and—soon—filter information.
With Smart tables, you can also connect documents to entire rows. This will let you view and update the row's information at the top of each connected doc.
They are currently in beta, and will soon be available to everyone.
Watch this two-minute video to help you get started:
Creating a Smart table
You can insert a Smart table in any doc by:
- Typing /Smart table
- Inserting a new line and adding a Smart table from the toolbar
- Using the keyboard shortcut: cmd + alt + s (Mac) or ctlr + alt + s (PC)
Connecting your docs to a Smart table
Connect documents to a Smart table by adding docs in your table's first column.
- By typing "@+your doc's title"
- By creating a new doc from the cell with the doc creation icon on the right
Each row's information is now found at the top of the connected documents. You can edit the row's information from the doc itself.
- Column resizing & reordering
- More field types
What to use it for
Keep track of your marketing campaigns:
Centralize and keep an overview of your hiring pipeline:
Create a simple CRM: