Channels are where you sort notes in Slite. They're always present in the left column so that you can easily jump from one channel to another.
Type of channel 🔐
- Public channels: all the notes will be visible by your entire organization. Great for channels where your team share processes and/or meeting notes.
- Private channels: these are channels in which only specific members belong. Great for channels where you collaborate on content, brainstorm etc.
All the notes and collections in this channel are ruled by the privacy you set at the channel level.
Channel permissions 🔑
You can set who has access to the channel. All the notes and collections in this channel are ruled by the permissions set at the channel level.
- Admin: can read, write and manage the channel. By default, the channel creator is automatically an admin.
- Writer: can read and write in the channel
- Reader: can read in the channel
When the channel is public, you can set a role by default (you can still add custom role in the member panel then)
Invite new members 👋
If the channel is private you can invite new members to the channel. For this you need to be admin of the channel. Go in member > click on 'Add new members'.
Recent vs sorted 📚
You can see your notes in a channel in two different ways
- Recent - a list of noted ordered by last edit
- Sorted - your notes structured through your collections
Favorite & mute channels ⭐️
You can organize your Slite thanks to favorites and muted channels. Only you will see see this view.
Bolded channels signify that there's recent activity there that you haven't seen yet
You will see a red badge next to your channel when you receive a notification
👋 Here you go! Next step, start to organize your channels' notes in different sub-levels thanks to our collections.